Search Box

Thursday 1 November 2012

Old Quebec: Chez Ashton

Only having spent a few days in Quebec City, I have already heard of Chez Ashton and their poutines. Since poutine originated from Quebec, I had already been looking forward to trying some authentic poutine in Quebec. So far, I've heard that Chez Ashton has the best poutine that Quebec has to offer (although I do know some locals who may not agree). Like McDonalds, this fast food restaurant has many locations and I visited the one in Old Quebec (54 Côte du Palais). 
Chez Ashton (54 Côte du Palais)
Poutine at Chez Ashton is available in a range of sizes from their smallest, bébé, to their largest, regulaire. There are also different types of poutines such as ones with sausages and/or peas. As well, burgers, hotdogs, salads, etc. are also available. 

Original poutine from Chez Ashton
I was definitely not disappointed. The fries were just right, the gravy was thick and not too salty, and the curds were chunky and squeaky! As I love gravy, I would have liked a bit more gravy in my poutine. I would recommend anybody who visits Quebec to try at least a bébé poutine from Chez Ashton.
Chez AshTon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment